Thursday, July 27, 2017

Process of making Hmong money belt, Hlab Nyiaj, soon?????

I posted about the Hmong cross stitch money belt, hlab nyiaj, last year and my sister asked me to show her the process of making it. She knows how to cross stitch but the wants to know how to border it evenly and cover it up. I've learn bits from my mother in law on the process of putting it all together. So, I will be showing picture to picture on the process of bordering it up, sewing it together, covering it up, and coining them. It'll be so much easier than just seeing bits of the process and yet still have to guess on how to make it.





I'm currently trying to finish up on the last square like the one above. It takes time since I have a needy toddler on my hand. Since I made enough for my girls and 3 of my sisters, I'm making this one for my mom. It's definitely a different style compare to the ones that I've been making but yet still similar.

I won't know how long it will take for me to load up everything but I'm trying as best as I could and will put lots of effort in it. It may not be the best looking one but hey, I made it myself and am showing everyone how I did it. If you find a better of making it, good for you. This is the way how I learn it and it works for me.

No comments: