Saturday, February 18, 2012

Orange cupcake

Instead of buying cupcakes or cake at the store on my husband's birthday, I decided to make orange cupcake. He loves eating orange sherbet ice cream so why not make orange cupcake? Since this was my first time experiencing different flavors, I only took 1 picture of the finished result.

I use a doctored cake mix recipe that I got from somewhere a while back so I don't know where/what site I got it from.

Orange cupcake with orange whip, top with mandarin orange.

For the whip, I use rich whip (non dairy). I added orange extract + powder sugar to get the desired sweetness and taste.

From the first bite to the last, the cake is moist but dense enough; you can taste the sweetness of it along with an orange flavor. Even without the frosting, it alone is already good.

I took an orange from those dole mandarin orange 100% juice cup.



Orange cupcake (makes about 30???)

*1 box orange cake mix (I use DH orange supreme)
*1 cup flour
*1 cup sugar
*2 yoplait yogurt dreamcicle (misspell it)
*1 cup water
*2 eggs
*2 tsp orange extract

Mix and bake @ 350 F for 18-20 minutes. The cake mix will be thicker than the regular cake mix but that's normal so don't freak out. Also the top of the cupcake when done may be sticky but that's also normal.

Beaware that you'll fall in love with this doctored cake mix recipe if you're a cake mix junkie.

If you want a white sour almond cake, use 1 cup plain yogurt or sour cream (I usually use sour cream), vanilla/almond extract, and yellow cake mix. For other flavor, omit it to fit whatever flavor you're doing. You can use different yogurt flavor.

Soooo......Happy baking! :)

No comments: