Friday, March 2, 2012

Eggrolls

I wasn't able to take any pictures this weekend since my baby was still sick but now she's all better. I was able to upload my video of the steps that I did to make eggrolls. It's not the best but I tried as I'm a beginner to editing all my video plus my internet wasn't working yesterday so I was able to edit everything while my daughter's sleeping. Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to take up some pictures if I'm not going to the funeral tomorrow which will be out of town.

As what I wrote in the video, I don't have an exact recipe with all the measuring and stuff. I just go by feel. My mom usually make a bunch since I have a big family so I just go according to how small my family is (lol family of 7 including myself and baby..plus his brother that came over...almost wasn't enough!). This is the way how I make my eggrolls and how I like it.

Ingredients used:
*shredded carrots (I use 2 carrots...about 1 1/2 cups?...it's mainly for color with just a little flavor..too much will overpower the eggroll)
*white onion (I use one)
*cilanto
*cabbage (cut it depending on how thick or thin how you like your cabbage)
*vermicelli noodle (1 pack, in cool water before you start anything)
*ground pork (I use ground turkey...2 lbs??? couldn't find any ground pork at walmart and didn't wanna waste gas just to go buy pork at the local grocery)

What I put in the mixture:
*Salt
*Msg (optional...my husband wants msg so had to put it)
*black pepper (enough for flavor..not too much or it'll be too overpowering)
*fish sauce (optional)
*oyster sauce
* 3-4 eggs


*wrappers
*egg yolk to seal wrapper (I use tapioca starch...about 1 tbsp and 1 cup water?...mix and microwave 20 sec...mix...another 10 sec and so on until you get a thick consistency

*vegetable oil (medium heat....be sure that oil's hot when you fry eggroll)

If I miss anything I'll post it up again....It's very time consuming if you're just doing it by yourself so it's best if you have a few helpers.

Video here

Down below will be pictures....

Carrots: The orange peeler is harder to use as you have to apply pressure on it inorder to shred the carrots which barely come out nicely (got it at the local grocery store). The baby blue peeler which I bought it at the asian store (kiwi brand) is much much faster.


















Cilantro:



















white onion:


















Cabbage:




< ---I guess I didn't take any pic of the chop up cabbage but this is the whole cabbage...about medium size












Vermicelli noodle:


soak in cool water....when you're done with everything else...drain it and cut the threads















Ground turkey:


















Mixture:


















Sauce:




< ----tapioca starch mixture











Oyster sauce (left) and sweetened chili sauce (eggroll sauce...right....it's sweet not spicy so don't get discourage by the look of what's inside)



















I use 3 pack of the wrappers
















The finished result goes perfectly with the sauce:

















So if you ever make eggrolls, do tell me what your favorite recipe is. I know everyone make theirs differently.

Happy cooking!!!!

No comments: