Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Ear infection

I have 5 kids already and when people say ear infection, I know what they meant. 2 weeks ago I was told that my 13 month have an outer ear infection. An outer ear infection? Yes, there are two type of ear infection (so far that I know of). It's my first time of knowing and even hearing about an outer ear infection. I thought I knew what's what but I guess not!

My 13 month have some white gooey stuff in her ear. If you use a q-tip, you could get those goo out which meant that it's an outer ear infection, in other words, swimmer's ear infection. As for the inner ear infection, the inside ear looks red and swollen.

The difference in medication? For the inner ear infection, you're usually given antibiotic...those pink stuff. As for the outer, it's drop for your ear. During the first week I had to put 5 drops 3 times a day in my 13 month left ear. After the visit for the checkup again, it's still there so she was given something stronger this time. I was told that if it didn't get better, then she'll have to be seen by an ear doctor. So far it's been almost a week now....I had to give her 4 drops 2 times a day. Let's hope that her ear will be better by monday! I don't see any white goo so I'm pretty sure she's all better since I don't see her poking in her ear anymore.

No comments: